Friday, February 11, 2011

Favourite Quotes

My growing collection of favourite quotations:

Let each man exercise the art he knows.
Aristophanes

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.
Robert Louis Stevenson

In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

Ideas shape the course of history.
John Maynard Keynes

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale

Great hopes make great men.
Thomas Fuller

You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
Abdul Kalam

Wherever you are - be all there.
Jim Elliot

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
Abraham Lincoln

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
Abraham Lincoln

I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.
Abraham Lincoln

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
Abraham Lincoln

I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
Abraham Lincoln

I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back.
Abraham Lincoln

If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
Abraham Lincoln

That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
Abraham Lincoln

The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.
Abraham Lincoln

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.
Abraham Lincoln

Whatever you are, be a good one.
Abraham Lincoln

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
Abraham Lincoln

You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence.
Abraham Lincoln

You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.
Abraham Lincoln

The truest wisdom is a resolute determination.
Napoleon Bonaparte

1 comment:

Dinesh Kumar A P said...

Favourite Quotes....Nice one